Jacobowitz Newman Tversky’s specialized expertise in real estate transactions, in conjunction with our relatively small size and focus on productivity, enables us to provide high quality, personal service, and efficiency.
Our clients retain us for our ability to combine the skill and expertise provided by large firms, with our responsiveness and individualized attention.
We represent a broad range of clients and individuals, including owners, operators, developers, investors, and lenders.
Our clients are engaged in a wide range of projects and deals including skilled nursing and assisted living facilities, healthcare assets, shopping center, office, industrial, multi-family properties, and portfolio acquisitions, dispositions, financings and operations, as well as condominium, cooperative, commercial and residential development and construction projects.
We have special expertise in joint venture and development agreements, loans and construction contracts in conjunction with our development experience.
The The Jacobowitz Newman Tversky’s Real Estate group has represented clients in closing transactions across the United States in excess of $550 million in each of the last three years.
- New York, Minnesota, Ohio, Rhode Island, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Florida, Colorado, Kansas – represent clients in acquisitions, refinancing’s and conveyances of individual properties and multi property portfolios (income producing, development and pad sites) across the US.
- Multi-State – represent owners, operators and investors in the acquisition and financing of single and multiple asset and portfolio transactions for healthcare, skilled nursing and assisted living facilities in excess of $300M in the previous calendar year.
- Minnesota – represented tenant in a multi property portfolio of nursing home facilities with long term leases and purchase options, with rents in excess of $64M per annum.
- New Jersey – represented purchaser in acquisition and financing of hospitals in excess of $100M.
- Long Island City, New York – represent developer and contractor in every step of multiple development projects entailing joint venture, property acquisition, financing, construction and completion of condominium buildings and approval of condominium offering plans for, 61,000, 68,000, 23,000 and 22,000 square foot mixed use buildings and sale of condominium units.
- New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania – represent multiple tenants and landlords in leases for large retail, office, educational and industrial spaces; representation of owners and developers in lease up of office buildings etc.
- New York, New York – represented lenders and borrowers in securitized and conventional commercial loans for acquisition, refinance, and development/construction.
- New York City – represented landlord in class A office leases with rents in excess of $30M per annum.
- New York City – represent developer in acquisition, financing and leaseback of newly created condominium building in excess of 380,000 square feet for development into mixed use condominium units, responsible for reviewing, negotiating and drafting condominium work and documentation (including commercial condominium declaration and no action letter).
- Flushing, New York – represent developer in condominium, financing, air rights and development work of 45,000 square foot hotel and 50,000 square foot mixed use condominium building (total 95,000 sq. ft. multi property project).
- Bronx, New York – represent developer in joint venture negotiations and represent subsequent JV in acquisition and financing of 70,000 sq. ft. affordable housing development.
- Multi-State – represented drug rehabilitation company in financing of multiple facilities, real estate and business loans with corporate department in excess of $40M.
- Riverhead, New York – simultaneously closed the sale of a 21-acre industrial parcel improved by a 210,000 square foot industrial building and a leaseback of 95,000 square feet with workout, release, and modification of an IDA mortgage.
- Park Slope, New York – represent developer in purchase from first priority lender of defaulted $4M+ note and mortgage on distressed development property.
- Bronx, New York – represent owner in foreclosure proceedings with negotiations of work-out and forbearance and ultimate disposition of multiple multi-family properties.
- Cobble Hill, New York – represent investor in acquisition of package of sponsor unsold co-op units, negotiation of tenant buyouts for turnover/disposition of market rate co-op units.
- Sunnyside, New York – represent developer in development, and construction of condominium building and condominium offering plan for 55,000 square foot mixed use building and sale of condominium units in excess of $22M.
- New York City – represent multiple purchasers on numerous transactions of complex new construction commercial condominium units from large and well-known NYC developer with purchase prices in excess of $10M for each commercial unit.
In addition to acting as counsel on routine matters, our real estate practice includes:
- Acquisitions and Conveyances
- Commercial Financing by Lender & Borrower (Conventional, Construction, Hard Money & Government Subsidized)
- Commercial Leasing (Retail, Office and Industrial)
- Skilled Nursing Home and Assisted Living Facilities
- Development Projects
- Ownership and Joint Venture Agreements
- Condominium/Co-op Conversion & Offering Plans
- Construction Agreements
- Air Rights Sales and Acquisitions
- Distressed Assets (Property, Note & Deed-in-Lieu etc.)